Tax advice on these forms will begin for the 2019 tax periods
On June 26th, the Official State Gazette (BOE) presented HAC / 565/2020, of June 12th, which approves the declaration models for Corporation Tax and Non-Resident Income Tax. The purpose of this regulation is to apply the corresponding taxes to expatriate entities, whose tax periods began between January 1st and December 31st, 2019.
Given the great economic and social impact of COVID-19 in Spain, the new regulations have introduced a series of modifications for its entry into force. More specifically, Royal Decree 8/2020, of March 17th, has established the extension of the deadlines for approval of the annual accounts. Consequently, it affects the presentation of the declaration of Corporation Tax, since taxpayers must file a new declaration before November 30th, 2020.
In the case of the Form 200, the following modifications can be reviewed:
- Tax data will be provided for tax periods beginning between January 1st and December 31st, 2019-, which will be informative.
- Modification of the detail table of the corrections to the profit and loss account result on page 19 of the form, which will be voluntary for all adjustments on pages 12 and 13 of said form, thus incorporating a breakdown derived from the tax and accounting information of the taxpayer.
On the other hand, new characters have been introduced on page 1 of this tax, with the aim of improving the identification of taxpayers and the characterization of the return. Specifically, it has been incorporated:
- A "ZEC Entity in fiscal consolidation" character.
- A character "Diocese, religious province or ecclesiastical entity that integrates minor entities dependent on them".
- A character "Unions, federations and confederations of cooperatives". Additionally, the characters "Subsidiary multinational group" and "Parent company last multinational group" have been added.
Likewise, data that was not collected visually in froms 200 and 220 have been included as:
- The net amount of the turnover for the twelve months prior to the start date of the tax period.
- The deduction for research, development and technological innovation in the Canary Islands.
Finally, certain criteria of submission of these taxes are maintained without modification:
- The forms provided to provide information regarding certain corrections and deductions to the profit and loss account of an amount equal to or greater than 50,000 euros.
- The annual report of activities and projects carried out and researchers affected by Social Security bonuses.
- Presentation deadline: entities whose tax period coincides with the calendar year until July 27th, 2020 and for the other entities in the 25 calendar days following the six months after the end of the tax period.
B Law & Tax
International Tax & Legal Advisors.